Thursday, March 18, 2010

My St. Patrick's Day


Had a very eventful St. Patrick's Day - had made plans to meet DS's significant other for lunch so decided to check my emails first. Had message on Facebook from someone wondering if Arthur St. George Robinson was a relation......yes indeed....he was my maternal grandfather.......turns out the person who contacted me is a descendant of my grandfather's sister Agnes Anne Robinson - how wonderful is that? While I was away shopping and having lunch with Michelle, he sent me a picture which included my grandfather, his two sisters, his brother and his father (my great grandfather!) - we are swapping pictures, birth, wedding and death certificates - this is just wonderful to find distant relatives who are interested in sharing family info. During my morning journey, I stopped at Paper Pastimes - found the paper trimmer I had been looking for - paid too much for it but think it will be the last trimmer I will ever need to buy - guillotine - wonderful - so then I had enough time to drop by Just Petites in Glenmore Landing - and found a dress very appropriate for the Mother of the Bride......I am thrilled because it is very flattering.....I love it.
Ended up at the Broken Plate with Michelle for a delicious lunch -
have continued to send and receive pictures with my long lost relative - what a St Patrick's Day - yes the Robinsons are Irish - hoping to find out when they left Ireland - what their ship was called and where they arrived in Canada. How fun is this? Life is very good!

2 comments:

Lynette said...

Sounds like an awesome day! How fun!!

Charmaine Stack said...

M-J, this is so neat for you. I am not sure if you have seen the TV show Who do you think you are? but it is fascinating watching people trace their ancestors, etc. I think you would like it.